Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Extra! Extra! Free Energy! - Not For Sale

To whom that waste today, may be left wanting tomorrow! If you are one of those people that use energy, not abuse it, but use it wisely. It may be beneficial to have a peep at this.

Most people go through life looking but not seeing. I use to be like that and I must admit that I have missed quite a lot in my day. I would also like to think that I have mended my ways and that the things in life that matter are no longer passing me by.

Lots of things have come to the fore that previously went by unnoticed. This could be seen as my personal account if so wished. During these holidays I visited my parents in the North Cape (South Africa). The towns and communities are small compared to the metropolitan areas ranging from a few hundred to a few thousand.

The active town population where my parents live number approximate 250 (not including the visitors/truck drivers). Therefore it astounded me to find people utilizing all forms of foreign energies in such a small place. The inventions appear to be quite successful and some even state their personal reputation on their inventions.

Foreign energies in my world would constituted anything that is not petroleum or electricity (from the filling stations or power points in the home of course). I encountered solar energy devises. These included solar cells, solar heaters, solar water heaters (that replace Geysers), solar cooking (brand new for me) and a number of other ways to use the sun in manors not known in my world.

Wind energy seems to be in its infancy at this time according to the people in the know (wise old men in the village). The prototypes for generating electricity with ordinary equipment found on the farm and in automobiles. I must say that I think it seems promising.

Being myself I had to see if I could find more information relating to this topic. Low and behold, it had been documented! Should you find yourself (as I did) intrigued by this you may want to investigate some more on your own.

Have fun with this one.

Hennie Stander is a new author that have seen the other side of green renewable energy and would like to make the facts available to world.

No comments: